Zazu is a hornbill who is the majordomo of Mufasa in The Lion King. He later serves Simba in The Lion King II: Simba's Pride.
- Small and almost delicate-looking
- Tiny but colorful array of feathers.
- His chest is small and oval-shaped, and his neck is long and thin, with his tail being tall and pluming.
- His beak proves to be his most prominent feature, colored a bright red with a patch of yellow near his nostrils.
- His feathers are light blue, tipped with lines of white and navy at the wingtips and the tailtip.
- His chest is pale blue, almost white, while his eye shades are a clear shade of sky blue.
- A dark blue feather protrudes off the back of his head, and thick bushy eyebrows grow above a set of small dark eyes.
- Despite his age, Zazu is a handsome bird, in good shape and radiant in color.
Perhaps one of the most noble birds to ever take to the skies, Zazu's heart is sworn to duty. Even at the cost of his life, he protects those under his care, undergoing abuse and threat of death in order to keep his charges safe. Even in everyday life, the hornbill shows fierce determination to follow his job, displaying disdain for those who radiate disrespect or disobedience toward Zazu's king. A bit peckish, Zazu takes his duty almost too far, especially with Scar, unafraid to chide the much larger lion for crimes committed against Mufasa.